Forward View: making it happen
Pharmacy Voice and PSNC, with RPS support, have launched the next phase of the Community Pharmacy Forward View project, with a new website and report outlining aÂ framework for delivering the vision.
The 'Making it Happen' report sets outÂ implementation pathways for the three future roles described in the CPFV. The pharmacy bodies are inviting feedback on the pathways and areÂ calling on national NHS leaders and the government to work with the sector to develop and implement the CPFV plan.
They believe that the following are necessary to deliver the CPFV:
- Increased awareness of pharmacy services with the public, and stronger relationships with service users
- Support for local leaders to build partnerships with colleagues across the health and care system
- Harnessing technology and secure digital integration
- Empowering the workforce to develop their skills, manage change and work effectively within new structures, cultures and systems
- New ways of working and integrated care, supported through appropriate funding and contracting mechanisms
- Sector development and change management.
Pharmacy Voice director of policy Elizabeth Wade said: "The launch of Making it Happen shows that the sector not only has broad ambition and vision, we also have a plan. Working with colleagues across the community pharmacy network, and based on feedback on the initial vision document, we have been developing an outline implementation framework to start turning that vision into reality. Achieving this will require coordinated effort from leaders within the community pharmacy sector, local and national commissioners, health and care partners, the government and national NHS bodies and other stakeholders."