In CPD modules
We review the current situation and policy guidelines around antimicrobial resistance...
After completing this module, you should be more aware of:
- The global impact of AMR
- European and UK data on MRSA and carbapenem resistance
- The potential for Covid-management to contribute to AMR
- Examples of AMR developing in viruses, fungi, protozoa and the potential for biocide resistance
- Policy including the WHO ‘One Health’ programme and the Tailoring Antimicrobial
- Resistance Programme
- Antimicrobial stewardship interventions
- The aim and vision of the UK’s long-term AMR programme
- NICE guidance for managing infections in primary care.