To look at the diseases covered in standard travel health vaccine programmes
After completing this module, you should be more aware of:
· The prevalence of vaccine preventable diseases being brought back to the UK;
· The level of morbidity and mortality worldwide for these diseases;
· Reasons why healthcare professional recommendation is important;
· Why people making pre-travel health enquiries may decline a vaccine;
· Adherence levels for vaccination courses in travel health settings;
· Updated NICE guidance on travel vaccination and on training and education around immunisation.