Preparing for Ask Your Pharmacist Week
Ask Your Pharmacist Week: November 7-14, 2016
Ask Your Pharmacist Week, co-ordinated by the NPA, offers a platform for pharmacy public awareness activities across the UK. It is also serves as a prompt for conversations with key local stakeholders about community pharmacy services.
Community pharmacies and local pharmacy representatives typically organise the following during the week:
- Visits by Mayors and MPs to pharmacies
- Public exhibitions (in libraries, shopping centres, sporting venues and town halls)
- Pharmacists on localÂ radio and columns in local newspapers
- Window displays in pharmacies
- Pharmacists presenting to local community groups
- NHS commissioners, pharmacy students, health charities and others support the week on social media â€“ allÂ encouraging people to make more and better use of their local pharmacies.
This yearâ€™s theme is â€˜More than Medicinesâ€™. The theme is deliberately broad, to give maximum flexibility for pharmacies and pharmacy stakeholders to focus on local priorities.
NPA members haveÂ free access to posters, template social media posts, infographics, video assets, template local newspaper columns, PowerPoint presentations, notes for community talks and other resources. You can listen to a recording of a recent webinar on using social media, including for AYP week, and you will receive a free AYP poster with your next edition of inpharmacy, due outÂ 1 November.
Other supporters of theÂ initiative, such as Local Pharmaceutical Committees, will be given access to relevant campaign resources, including materials for public exhibitions.