After completing this module, you should be more aware of:
· Recent research on the cardiovascular risk of smoking tobacco.
· Current estimates of the health burden of smoking on mortality and morbidity.
· How smoking-related illness is increasing demand on the NHS.
· Current smoking prevalence in adults and related demographics.
· Effectiveness of stop smoking interventions.
· Changes in how stop smoking services are being commissioned and calls for greater investment.
· The latest NICE and Public Health England guidance around smoking cessation.
· How prescribing of smoking cessation aids on the NHS is decreasing.
· How the use of e-cigarettes in smoking cessation is being advocated.
· Concerns about e-cigarette safety.
· Useful resources on the evidence and practice base around smoking and smoking cessation.