In CPD modules
After completing this module you should be more aware of:
- The epidemiology of common mental health problems.
- Factors that are associated with mental illness.
- The Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme.
- Talking therapies available through the NHS.
- NICE CG90 ‘Depression in adults: recognition and management.’
- The core recommendations and priorities in CG90.
- NICE recommendations on selecting an antidepressant.
- Recommendations around initiating and monitoring anti-depressant medication.
- Points to consider when switching, stopping or combining antidepressants.