After completing this module, you should be more aware of:
· Dysglycaemia and the spectrum of type 2 diabetes progression.
· The importance of recognising insulin resistance and prediabetes.
· The role of body mass and adipokines in insulin activity and cardiometabolic risk.
· The effectiveness of lifestyle interventions early on in type 2 diabetes progression.
· Awareness levels around diabetes and prediabetes, and trends in complications.
· NHS and Diabetes UK recommendations around exercise and diet.
· The DiRECT trial looking at low calorie diets and diabetes remission.
· The role of health professionals in supporting people with type 2 diabetes to sustain weight loss.
· Considerations around diabetes medication, low-calorie diets and exercise.