Your customers with dry skin may be aware that using an emollient or moisturiser can help manage their symptoms. However, some may not be aware that the products they use for washing may be contributing to their dry skin. When customers ask you for advice, you are in an ideal position to advise them on a complete skincare regime to manage their dry skin, including using an emollient-based wash product to gently cleanse without drying.
After completing this module, you will:
- Understand some of the causes of dry skin
- Be able to recommend an appropriate skincare regime to your customers with dry skin
- Provide self-care advice
- Be able to confidently recommend NEW* Aveeno® Soothing Bath Soak
DRY SKIN REFRESHER
- A feeling of skin tightness, especially after showering, bathing or swimming
- Skin that feels and looks rough
- Slight to severe flaking, scaling or peeling
- Fine lines or cracks
- Grey, ashy skin
- Deep cracks that may bleed.
- Changes in weather, especially dry, windy and wintery weather conditions
- Central heating, as this reduces humidity
- Showering or bathing using very hot water
- Harsh detergents in soap or inappropriate wash products
- Environmental factors such as pollen, pollution and exposure to certain chemicals, which can trigger some dry skin conditions such as eczema.
- With increasing age, the epidermis thins; the skin barrier loses its ability to retain water and the skin becomes dry.